I never thought I’d be one of those people.
You know. Those super impressive people who post fancy dinner recipes and share photos of delicious food? I didn’t think I’d ever be one of them. It’s kind of like those moms that swore they’d never own a mini van but turn into total soccer moms. While this may not be a fancy dinner recipe, I feel like it’s a slippery slope from here.
If you have the pleasure of knowing me in real life, (because trust me- it’s a pleasure. HA!) you’ll know that I joined the weight watchers online program. I’ll be real with you when I say I’ve always struggled with my weight and body image. My stomach issues left me extreme dieting my sophomore year in college till I was stick thin, and eating ‘normally’ after I met Rob caused me to balloon back up and my body to be tad out-of-wack. As much as I laughed at the ‘I love bread’ spoofs that Oprah inspired, I decided to join. I didn’t want to be a stick, I just wanted to be healthy again. Now, I really do love the program. Not to mention, it’s easy to follow, and it actually works! I lost 8 pounds in my first week.
My favorite thing about the program is all of the recipes that you receive right off the bat in the app. The worst part of dieting will forever be the feeling that you can’t eat good food. (Especially when you and your husband are total foodies and live for going to the fancy or hole-in-the-wall places from the travel channel!) However, the food I still get to cook for my little family is amazing. If you ask my husband, he’ll probably tell you my cooking has improved since using the WW recipes!
Chocolate is my weakness.
Unlike a lot of people, I actually don’t really crave sweets. I don’t drink soda, I prefer sweet tea, and I’m perfectly fine with black coffee. My cravings consist more of Chinese take-out and great Mexican food. However, chocolate is my weakness.
I actually found this brownie bites recipe while scrolling through my WW app. We were invited to dinner at our friend’s home this weekend, and those who know me know that you can’t invite me to your home for dinner and expect me to show up empty handed. I wanted to make a dessert that I felt comfortable eating (because, y’all, temptation is real) and that was still delicious for everyone else to love too.
Enter in, brownie bites from heaven
If any bride-to-be wonders what being married is like, it’s always second guessing your math skills because your husband goes behind you and eats a few. Although these brownie bites are still 3 points per bite, the ultra rich flavor won’t make you want to splurge with more than a couple. (My opinion, not a promise!)
I personally think that the unsweetened applesauce is what made this recipe so amazing. They’re simple, delicious, and husband approved. If you’re finding yourself craving some sweets while still trying to shape-up for your upcoming wedding or event, I promise you won’t need to look any further.
- 21 oz. Regular, Dry Brownie Mix – I used the Pillsbury Purely Simple Chocolate Chunk Brownie Mix, and it worked perfectly!
- 1/2 Cup of Water
- 1/2 Cup of Unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 Egg Whites, lightly beaten
- Reddi-Wip Whipped Topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Line 36 mini muffin tin holes with mini cupcake wrappers. – I couldn’t find my mini cupcake wrappers, of course, so I just used the Pam Baking Spray and they popped out just fine!
- In a large mixing bowl, combine brownie mix, water, applesauce, and egg whites. Don’t under mix!
- Pour brownie mixture into prepared muffin tins. – I used my Tbsp measuring spoon and found 1 Tablespoon per hole to be perfect!
- Bake brownie bites for about 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. – I baked them for 15 minutes in my oven and they were perfect!
- Before serving, decorate each brownie bite with a little Reddi-Wip.